24 July 2012

Well.... its taken a while!

But in about ten days time I will be travelling across the water to the beautiful island of Ireland, to stay with my friends Michael and Andrew for the weekend of Belfast Pride.  Not my first time travelling to Northern Ireland - I spent a few days there several years ago for work, and about all I saw was the drive from Belfast City Airport to Londonderry/Derry and back (but out in the countryside, wow!!!).

So it will be nice to see something of the City itself (hint hint!) and even better to have the opportunity to call on a very old family friend who was one of my late Mum's Bridesmaids and who I only recollect from photos of me (as a very young baby) and then from her coming over for our celebrations for Mum and Dad's 30th Wedding Anniversary in 1994.

It's something I'm looking forward to with great anticipation - I'm going by coach from Milton Keynes, overnight, and then the ferry from Cairnryan to Belfast at sparrow's wotsit in the early morning but what's life without a challenge? A few good books and the iPod to keep me going, its all part of the fun!

Michael has already blogged about the preparations for my visit - but just so long as there's a sofa for me to put the sleeping bag on and I don't fall over the books on the stairs, don't worry about the 'Elf 'n' Safetee jobsworths... :)

On the Friday and Saturday evenings I'm really looking forward to the Faith and Pride events at St George's; Fifteen Minutes with Christ - fifteen minutes of quiet reflection, prayer and meditation during all the hustle and bustle of Pride, reassuring ourselves that being Gay and Christian (in my case Catholic) are not incompatible.

2 comments:

  1. Peter, it'll be great to have you over and we'll see what of the city we can show you while you are here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! If you can find me a Latin Mass for the Sunday morning (EF or Novus Ordo) that will be the icing on the cake!

      Delete