29 April 2010

Cry Havoc, And Let Slip the Dogs of War!!

I thought that the above quote from Shakespeare (Julius Caesar Act 3 Scene 1) might have appeared in David Cameron's speech the day the General Election was called.

But no, he's kept his powder dry until tonight. Undoubtedly the performance we were waiting for.


Clegg-over came across as rattled. Gordon Clown as desperate, like a man about to be made redundant pleading for his job. David Cameron as calm, collected, statesmanlike, unflappable and completely Prime Ministerial material.

The only thing I missed was the statement to Brown "you talk of experience, but I'm going to get this country out of the hole you have dug for it over the last 13 years before you dig it so deep we can never get out."

You know, its completely changed my total antipathy towards the general election, I might even go and vote next Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment